footsteps of a southern belle

footsteps of a southern belle

Thursday, February 26, 2009

2009? Oh my!

This is my first post of the new year, and it's almost March. Wow, that's pitiful. I used to LOVE to blog and write. Ah! The good days when all I had to do was listen to good music, blog, and hang out with my friends. That must have been before COLLEGE.

Life is pretty grand these days. I have been blessed and still every day I wake up I am amazed at how much the Lord loves me and what He does for me on an every day basis. It blows my mind. I am thankful for the places He's brought me from and for the places He is taking me. Praise Him that we are not who we were, but rather who we ARE.

Points of Interest:
* 16 days till Spring Break! Kalli, Amy, Cassey, and I are going to visit my family in Brunswick, GA. We are going to St. Simon Island, Savannah, and Jacksonville, FL. too. I am super stoked about visiting Paula Dean's restaurant and seeing the beautiful city of Savannah. I am even more excited to be spending time with 3 of my favorite ladies on the planet, as well as seeing my family... especially my brother!
* 15 days till Amy and I go see Dave Barnes at Workplay. *sighs*
* Speaking of great music, I have been to a ton of great concerts lately. My friend, Laura, and I went to see Brett Dennon a few weeks ago, and it was awesome.
* Alabama basketball game last night = much fun! 88-67... Roll Tide!
$$ I start back to work at the hospital in the Cancer Treatment Center (CTC) on Monday, March 9. Wahoo!

** My favorite point of interest, I now have a plus one. Figure it out. ;)



I will leave you guys with something I found while facebook stalking. Hey, that's what it's for! It made me ponder. I hope you chew on this as well.
"So many people live with unhappy circumstances and yet will not take initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endless changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. If you want to get more out of life, you must lose your inclination for monotonous security and adopt a helter-skelter style of life that will at first appear to you to be crazy. But once you become accustomed to such a life, you will see its full meaning and its incredible beauty... I fear you will follow this same inclination in the future and thus fail to discover all the wonderful things that God has placed around us to discover. Don't settle down and sit in one place. Move around, be nomadic, make each day a new horizon..."
-Chris McCandless in a letter to Ron Franz ( Into the Wild)


2 comments:

Grace said...

ugh, seriously, Ashley! You want me to figure your plus one out from 2000+ miles away?? while you are having fun:( without me:( k so just fill me in.. a note, a birthday card, anything!

Savi said...

sounds like fun :)

Love your blog!