footsteps of a southern belle

footsteps of a southern belle

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

School Sucks.

I decided that it would be a great idea to take summer classes to try to make up for the past 3 bad years I've spent at UA. Okay, so they all haven't been bad, but not as good as I had hoped. This summer I have taken a physics class that I did well in. Before you blow a fuse, it was a physics class for educators, so it was equivilent to physics for fifth graders. I am an English major, give me a break. I don't even use that side of my brain. Much like I don't use the math side of my brain that I am attmepting to do now. I don't understand how I took AP Calculus in high school, but I can't manage to pass a freakin' pre-cal class on the computer. Oh wait, yes I do... its called the University of Alabama's math department. I have a plethora of names for it, but it's most commonly referred to as the firey pitt of hell. I loathe the math department at UA. It is worse than morning breath. Boo!

Anyway, so I am truly unsure if I am passing my math summer class or not. I'm crossing my fingers that I make an A on my final so I can just get some credit. On the lighter side, I made an A+ in my TH 245 class. Yay! *claps* (inside joke) Luckily, I do use that side of my brain. I am glad to be registered for the fall and taking classes toward my SELA major! Currently, I am signed up for 17 hours. Yikes!

I can't wait to be finished with school and teaching little ones about the importance of literature!

I will post about my exciting 4th of July from a retail point of view this weekend. Everyone else, enjoy your fireworks and your barbecues and your vacation time. I will be squeezing 24 hours of work into 3 days.



No comments: